Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Fun!

On Christmas Eve, we made yummy cookies for Santa.


Logan was more interested in harrassing the girls than in making cookies.

Vanessa's an experienced cook.

Emily got Logan this Chocolate fondue set. His face reflects the way he feels about chocolate.

Logan got these wood kits from Grandma and he had them finished in about 1 hour.

A familiar site for our family, Scott playing his guitar.

Stefany and Logan (Logan was standing in for his dad who works the night shift and was still sleeping).

Justin and Emily

Mandy and Jared

Sarah and Tom

Who are these clowns?

Logan by the tree with his game-boy. I asked him what the deal was with the pink jammies (hand-me-downs, maybe?) and Stef tried to get him to change, but he could have cared less. I told Stef, don't worry about it, this picture will be great for blackmailing him when he's a teenager.

Bailey got "Elizabeth" American Girl doll and was thrilled.

Cameron loved the tent, but didn't quite know what to do with the sleeping bag until we showed him it was like a zip-up bed. (Not much for camping - yet!)

Cameron got lots of toys, but was especially fascinated with this "spotlight" flashlight his dad got.

Cedes loves the color purple, so she was really happy to get this portable purple CD player. (Say that three times fast).

It's hard to tell from this picture, but Kelsee was really "rocking out" with her new microphone. The foot pedals make clapping and applause noises. Very cute, future star.

Cedes is thinking Kelsee is a little too excited about her Cabbage Patch doll. My girls got their Cabbage Patch dolls in 1984. Wow, I'm old.

We have to learn to be mommies by watching our mommies, but Hailey thinks it's fun to practice.

Hailey loves her new Bitty Baby doll.

Sarah got this Molly doll when she was about 10 years old. She passed it along to Vanessa last year.

Vanessa with Molly in her new bathtub.


Merry Christmas! We had a great holiday. We spent Christmas eve together. We had a taco bar so everybody could eat whenever they wanted (with Peppermint ice cream and hot fudge for dessert). We made sugar cookies and the kids decorated them to take home for Santa. It was a nice relaxing day - we just gabbed and laughed all day.


We opened presents (the ones from Grandma and the cousins gifts - they draw names). Everyone seemed happy with their gifts. I got a new digital camera (I haven't quite figured it out yet - as you can see from some of the darker pictures above), but I'm sure having fun with it. I also got perfume, Bath and Body Works stuff, $50 gift certificate for Michaels, and a book about the Restoration - Joseph Smith History. I really feel spoiled. Jeff and Laura came over sort of in the middle of the present opening and they must have thought it was a madhouse. My house is so SMALL, especially with all those people and presents shoved in my front room.
Everybody left fairly early on Christmas Eve, most by 5:30 or 6:00. Some of them have to go their inlaws, others just went home to get ready for Santa. On Christmas morning, I went to church. Our choir did a beautiful Christmas program and really started my day off right. Our church is at 9:00 a.m. and I will be sorry to see it change to 11:00 a.m. next week. Then I visited each of the kids at their houses to see what Santa brought. As you can see from the pictures, they were all spoiled, but appreciative and excited about what they got. I love going from house to house to see what they got. I remember having to have my kids leave all their new toys at home to go to Christmas parties at the Buonocores on Christmas day and I decided we'd start a new tradition. I'm more mobile right now, anyway, and it's easier to go to them. It's fun for me. I had a 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and then Em, Cameron, and Mandy and Jared's family came over to finish off the tacos. We had a great time.


I'm thankful for all that we have. I know compared to a lot of people we have such an abundance of everything, but I'm really grateful. And even if we had no presents, we have each other and that's the most important part of any holiday celebration, family. I hope you all had a good Christmas. xoxoxoxox (Time for another nap.)

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Music Mama said...

What is with Logan's pink pajamas? How hillarious is that! He's going to regret that picture someday. I think it's even funnier that he didn't even care! The cookies looked yummy. We set out to make tons of cookies, but didn't have enough flour so we made one batch of chocolate chip cookies. They were yummy :) It sounds like you got a lot of nice things, and had fun with your family. Our Christmas was a little boring with just us (Brent complained that I wasn't playing enough games with him...) but we too were spoiled. Glad to see all your pictures. The kids are beautiful. Bitty Baby was our big thing last year. We have all of those same furnitures :) How cute. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Love you tons, Andrea

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know sometimes you look at your life and think where did I go wrong and how did my kids turn out to be what they are. Well some of us don't always show how much we appreciate are parents and sometimes don't know how great they are until someone with worse parents tell you about there child hood. I look back now and wonder how I could have missed what great parents I had and how I wouldn't change them in any way. Most people don't want to be like their mother or father but for some reason I want to be just like my mother so that my kids will have what I had growing up. I love you mom and I know I don't always show it and I have a hard time taking care of my family but I do try to be like you as much as I can so that my girls will see what unconditional love is. Call me when you figure out who wrote this.
Love you mom!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger News from Doug and Delores said...

I don't knowwho anonymous is, but who cares, that is a great letter. It looks like you had a nice Christmas. The pictures are great. It is such a wonderful thing to be able to keep in touch this way. How we are blessed. We still feel so connected, it is almost like we haven't gone anywhere! Hopefully I will get my blog up by Wednesday. I have a sore throat and lost my voice today. I'm not sure where that came from... Out of the blue for sure! I am planning on going to bed early and try to nip whatever it is in the bud! It was fun to talk to you for a few minutes last night. Thanks for the update. Oh yeh, where are the pictures of you? Love, Delores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home