Sunday, January 15, 2006

The New Year's Resolutions Have Begun

Part of our New Year's resolution, exercise together twice a week and swim once a week. And maybe Stef, Mandy, and me will pose for a picture like this soon.....yea, right!


Remember when we felt that free to pose in a bathing suit....No I don't, either.

Bailey and Kelsee - cute models.

Kelsee stayed along the edge of the pool, even though it was really shallow. She's still a little afraid and Mandy is VERY overprotective. We were teasing her about it.

The kids pool takes up three-quarters of the place with lots of fun slides and water falls. I was so afraid of getting my camera wet and staying covered with my towel that these pictures aren't the best.

Kelsee has this thing about posing - when you want to take her picture, she just freezes the way she is at that moment, it cracks me up.

Logan wasn't afraid to pose....but the adults threatened my life if I took pictures of them.

Well, our New Year's resolutions have begun! Stefany, Mandy, and me decided to get some exercise (no saying of the bad word...DIET....) and have some fun as well. We've got this old exercise "walking" tape that is for women over 40 (they are trying to cut me some slack) and we did the 30 minute work-out twice this week and lived, then went swimming. We have that beautiful fitness center just a block away, and you don't have to join and pay a yearly fee if you don't want. You can just "pay as you go". It's such a nice facility. They have exercise machines (all the latest) an inside track, the pool (beautiful kids pool and lap pool for adults). It was a lot of fun, even though it was pouring snow when we came outside. I got a couple of cute pictures of Stef and Mandy, but they threatened me with my life if I posted them. Now me on the other hand, I would have loved to have my picture in a swimming suit posted here, but it's not HALLOWEEN yet. I wouldn't want to scare someone.

We had a good time and really got some good exercise. I can't believe how out of shape we are. We SAT and watched (hahahaha) a couple of tapes we were trying to work up to and I thought, right, I'll be able to do THAT. One baby step at a time, right? Anyway, we are off to a good start.

Nothing much else has happened in the last two weeks. It's been a slow-starting year, with very weird weather. We've had a couple of days of wind blowing that nearly took our heads off, a couple days of snow, and some beautiful sunny "warm" days. I think the weather this year doesn't know what it wants to do. I prefer the cold, sunny days, but also like the snow more than I used to since I don't have to drive to work in it anymore.

LaRay and I went shopping last Saturday, to spend our gift certificates from the Hospital at the Layton Mall. Since we were in Layton, we visited Julie and saw her new house. It's beautiful. I can't believe I forgot my camera so I could get some pictures for you. I'm not used to taking it everywhere I go - thinking ahead for the BLOG. hahahaha

Everyone is well (for a change) and happy. My wrist is feeling better, but LaRay and I still have sciatica (complain, complain, complain). If dad could only hear us complain......we obviously don't have his ability to "suffer in silence". Oh well. I hope you are all well and getting a grip on your resolutions. We love and miss you. Have a good week. Make a comment if you want to, I love hearing from everybody. Love, Helen

4 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Music Mama said...

I want to go swimming. We have an indoor water park in Anchorage, but I've heard if you've been anywhere outside of Alaska you'll think it's lame. Plus, it's VERY expensive. Exercise is on my resolutions list, but it isn't going too well yet...I'm too tired from getting no sleep and getting up at 7:00 to do anything active. Someday Jett will sleep through the night, right? We finally got some snow today. About 4 inches. I'm hoping we get some more. It's a lot prettier when we're covered in white. Love the blog, and love you! Oh, when did Julie get a new house? I didn't even know, and I'm very upset that you didn't take your camera. Houses are my thing, you know. I walk through all the models just to walk through. Anyway, love you and miss you! Andrea xoxoxo

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, (anonymous is this case is Elder Doug)
Great to see the Blog update. I understand why any sane adult would not post swimming suit pictures of themselves on a blog, but be be sure and take one for yourself (now) and put it in your underwear drawer, or your safe deposit box. Then after you've walked and gone swimming for six months you can pull out your January picture for a progress report and confidence booster. I still have one of those pictures in my underwear drawer (in the picture I have a bag over my head just in case I died and someone else found the picture).
Since I don't make new years resolutions I'm doing just fine in that regards. I never kept one resolution I made so I quit making them. You know, if you can't fix the problem, ignore it.
We are still rationing out your carmels every day or so; we put them in the freezer so we could make them last longer. They will soon be gone but we've enjoyed them well into January-mmmmmm.
Earlier you indicated you were also trying to eliminate some of those !@#$%^&*! vocabulary words from your speech. Let me know in a few months which was harder - the exercise resolution or the !@#$%^! resolution. Good luck on both. Delores has done much better with here language as a missionary.
Love ya / miss ya / praying for you. Doug P.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger News from Doug and Delores said...

I loved the blog... Kids are so great. What on earth do we do to ourselves to make us so selfconcious. Wouldn't it be great to go back in time once in a while just to remember what it was like? I am glad that your wrist is doing better, but I sure hope that your back improves. We are busy and very happy. Time is going so fast that I know I will wake up soon and it will be time to go home! It is hard to believe that it is Jan 15! (By the way, Happy B-day to Stefany either yesterday or tomorrow!) We can't wait for you to come and "see the sites". You will love it. I know that you will get here! Keep up the good work on the blog. Love ya, Delores

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,
What cute grandkids and kids. My mom just told me about your blog! How fun is that! Well I will write again soon. What are all these comments about how great kids are! I must have missed out somewhere! Dont they get introuble with the law and get tazered by the police? Am I missing something? LOL

LOVE YA, JULIE xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home