Sunday, February 26, 2006

On our way to Disneyland - Whoo Hoo. There goes our savings!

Logan and Josh - hurry up and wait. Good thing for I-pods.

Stef and Logan at the airport. Stef had an infection in her eye, but it doesn't show that much.

Stef and Josh at the airport. Cute couple.

Check out their ride from the airport. All part of the christmas gift from Josh's parents. Gee, it makes me look kinda cheap - or poor, take your pick, hahahaha. Glad somebody has money!

Check out the inside of the limo. So, this is how the other half lives. WE LOVE IT!

Eating chocolate and other treats in our hotel. Can't go wrong with chocolate, Logan's favorite food!

Hey dad! We need more money!

Can't go to Disneyland without getting some "ears". Check out the shirt - how fitting.

Inside the "Tower of Terror" - one of their favorite rides.

Okay mom, we will smile and pose in front of the fountain, then can we go on a ride???

Is this what they mean when they say don't eat tuna? Cuz other wonderful things are caught up in the nets?

Bailey got her picture with Cruella Deville. Bailey told me she was really "mean" and really stayed in character. I don't know if Bailey really understood why she was so onry.

Are we having fun yet??? Notice the hat they bought Josh - hahahahahaha.

I LOVE vacations with nice warm weather!

Hey guys, if you want a tan, you need to lose some of the clothes.

Just Chillin'!

Hi everybody. As you can see, Stef and Josh and family got to go to Disneyland this last week. They had a great trip. It was a Christmas present from Josh's mom and stepdad - seems like that's getting to be a tradition. This is about the second or third trip they've been on with them. The stretch limo was a fun surprise. Tom (Josh's stepdad) also surprised them with it at the airport going home, so they had a blast. I'd like to go in a limosine at least once in my life, and not just at my funeral! hahahahahaha

Stef said they really had a good time, but it was crowded. At one point, a little handicapped boy in a wheel chair grabbed Bailey and wouldn't let her go. His parents were trying to get his death grip off her (and couldn't unclasp his fingers) and Bailey was screaming at the top of her lungs. When they finally got him to let go of her, she was really upset, but the poor kid was just trying to give her a love or something. He liked her. His parents were so apologetic. Also, she had a funny experience with the "Cruella Deville" character. I guess she was really rude and mean to the kids. . . just staying in character. But Stef said, some of the kids didn't think it was that funny. The parents sure got a kick out of it though.

Other things happening this week. Emily's bowling friends gave her a baby shower and she got some really cute things for "Ethan". She's got a couple of weeks left and is dilated to one and a half and is slightly effaced. Her ankles are still huge and she's miserable. Mandy walked her around last week at the mall, but it didn't do anything except wear her out (and probably caused more ankle swelling). Anyway, she's basically on bed rest right now, to try to keep the swelling down. Hopefully, we will have good news next week. But as I tell her, you just have to wait until he wants to come out!

Everyone else is fine. LaRay and Kay are doing okay but Kay had a couple of mishaps this week. The first one was he was trying to knock some icicles down (big ones he was afraid might fall on the kids) and one fell on LaRay's car and put a big dent in it. He also thought he'd help LaRay by putting the sheets in the washer in nice hot water. However, he also put the Cable Remote Control in with the sheets. LaRay had to fish it out of the very hot water, but it was already dead (drowned). Hahahaha I just about lost it laughing on that one. Some weeks are just like that.....

Well, that's about it for now. I miss you and love you all. Hope you will leave comments or email me. Love, Helen oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger News from Doug and Delores said...

The trip to Disneyland sounds like it was really fun. All of our family love Disneyland and Disney World. Too Much fun!
But the trip I am waiting for is for you to come to New York to see us. If you and Stef can't make it, you are coming out alone! It will so much fun to "show you around the joint!"
We have a week worth of Bad Snow, cold temps and wind! We hate to have to walk very far in the wind, because you can't keep you eyes open! It stings! I will probably be hoping for the blowing snow when the summer heat and humidity come! I'm never happy I guess. Whine, Whine, Whine.
We have had a busy week. Fun, but busy. We met with an inactive sister and that went well. Hopefully we will get back up to see her again soon. The bad news is that it is 110 miles round trip, so it isn't exactly like going around the block... We are hoping that they will someday come back to full activity.
Doug and I bought a cheap BOM and are reading it together and marking it. Yellow = faith, Green = Repentance (and sin), Red = Baptism, Orange = Holy Ghost, and blue = enduring to the end. I am surprised that my book is so colorful!! (Next time through we will use another color and just color when they talk of Jesus Christ or when he talks. It is an interesting experiment that is really showing us how much the first four gospel principles are in the book. Next time it will show us just how much it truely is a second testiment of Christ. It is so easy to entertain ourselves!
I hope the back pain lets up. It is terrible. We had one of our "little sisters" fall down a steep stairway intheir apartment. She really did a number on her back. She is miserable but still working hard. Just like you!
Well, write to us soon. We love you. Thank you for all you are doing for us. Love ya, dnd

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Music Mama said...

I wish I was in Disneyland!! I'm 27 years old, and still think of it as the happiest place on earth! In fact, I'm getting a little giddy thinking about the times I've spent there! How fun for Logan and Baily. Those sparkly ears were fantastic! And the limmo was a fun touch! I laughed about the remote in the washer. That's the kind of thing that usually happens around here. The worst was when I sent a brown crayon through the wash with EVERY SINGLE white we ever owned (I had even taken off my g's and hopped in the shower while the clothes washed.) Every shirt, sock, etc. came out with brown spots all over them. That was almost two years ago, and now the spots are a pale pink :) Hope you get feeling better. I loved the pictures this week. And the tooth comment you left cracked me up. Bailey is a nut! But hey, when you need money you need money! Love Andrea xoxoxox

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved those Pics - Yes it would be fun to ride in a limo - lets do it someday - (our birthdays)??? I will tell Kay we need the Queen treatment. (He owes me after the dented car!) Stef and Josh are hilarious, tanning in their clothes. I would be the same way. They are such a cute couple - and sweet too. You and I could use some of those sequined ears!! fitting!!! hehehe. Well time to get back to work - you know me - always workin!! love ya lulu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home