Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Easter Egg Hunt!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

This is my "I'm so happy to help with the egg hunt" smile. He would rather have been out looking for a new car.

Let's get this party started. Chocolate, cookies, pizza. What could be better???

Ethan, dreaming of "chocolate milk" no doubt. Sweetie pie.

Hailey, coloring eggs and making cookies.

That building in the background is the new veterinary building.

Cute, happy girl, Cedes.

Hey, is that an egg or a rock?

Too cool, Vanessa and Logan were "chillin" - they hid the eggs for the little kids.


This picture of Bailey cracks me up. It fits her personality so much!

Cedes getting serious.

Hey! I think Uncle Scott stole the eggs.

Yes, I know I'm adorable, but I'm trying to be modest!

Ian was giving some tips, or was he stealing the kids eggs?

Hey, do you think some of these eggs contain money?

It was a little windy, but not too cold. Kelsee was hanging onto her eggs.

This is one of my favorite Logan smiles.....

Vanessa is so grown up - she's the oldest girl cousin, and you can tell. She's always helping out.


We have to make a fashion statement while we are hunting. Cute, Bailey.


Chocolate is always a good incentive for finding eggs! Yum, yum.

Well, another week has gone by. It's been a fun week. We decided to have our Easter party on Saturday so some of the kids could do things with their in-laws. It worked out great. We made and decorated Easter cookies (fun) and also colored eggs. The kids had quite a few egg "hunts", taking turns hiding the eggs so everyone got to have fun. They each went home with a basket full of chocolate and a plate full of cookies, and fun was had by all, hahahaha. The weather was rainy in the morning, but by the time we had the party, the weather was quite nice.

I spent today at church. The choir sang and we had a really nice program. The rest of the day, I've just be lying around. Nice, quiet Sunday. The wind is blowing so hard outside, it actually has blown some of the shingles off the roof. I thought for a few minutes, the trees behind the house were going to blow over. I'm really glad we had our celebration yesterday, cuz this wind is a nightmare. It's supposed to SNOW tonight. Hey! I thought it was SPRING! Oh well, at least I won't have to face a commute in the morning - just into my office. At 4:00 a.m., however, that can be a bit dangerous. I bumped into my doorknob the other morning and gave myself a giant bruise, so - my commute can be dangerous. hahahahaha

This last paragraph of the blog is known as the "old people's problems" section. Reporting all our sicknesses. hahahahah I'm feeling a tiny bit better (baby steps) this week. The shots still make me sick, mostly in the evenings, but my sugars are doing better. So, I think it will be worth it eventually. LaRay's arm is still really bad, I don't know if it is going to improve unless she's able to stop typing for a while - which is doubtful. Beside my nausea (ooooo) my back is sooooooooo bad. I'm sitting here on two HOT corn pads right now, trying to do the blog. I took two 800 mg Ibuprofen so I could stand it. This really sucks. Delores is definitely having her surgery in New York, is just trying to straighten out all the details as we speak. So maybe six months from now, we will all be doing better.

Hope you all have had a good Easter - lots of food and chocolate (no chocolate for me, boohoo) and time spent with your family. I'm grateful for our Savior and his sacrifice for us and for his resurrection. What a great gift. In church, I was thinking about how Mary must have felt when she saw the empty tomb. What an amazing thing that must have been! Have a good week. I love you all. Leave your comments if you want. Love, Helen xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

3 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger News from Doug and Delores said...

How fun to have an Easter Egg Hunt. With all those "kiddies" it must have been fun. They all look so cute and excited. I can't believe how big they are getting. I guess the same thing is happening to my own grandkids so I don't know why it should surprise me that yours are getting older!

We had a nice Easter. We were able to go to Sacrament Meeting only before we had to come home to be ready to start work at the HCVC. From 12:00 - 4:00 PM we had 234 visitors so we were busy. When we got home we had a small snack or oranges and then sat down to rest. 2 1/2 hours later Doug work me up for a nice chicken dinner he had fixed. I hadn't heard one thing (and I was on the couch near by the kitchen!). I can't believe how tired I get. My medicine helps me control the chest pain fairly well, but I know that it is still there from the pressure I get in my chest (probably lungs) and because of the shortness of breath I have when I walk very fast. I go to the Doctor today, so hopefully we will know something soon! I'll let you know.

Give the kids a hug and kiss from there GREAT aunt Delores!! Hold Ethan for me, too... Missionaries can't hold children... It is a killer rule! I hope your medicine keeps helping your sugar and stops making you sick to your stomach! We keep you in our prayers! Love ya, dnd

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that pic of Em I took just for fun and it really turned out good! Thats a first. I had alot of fun that day even though you were running around doing everything when I told you not to. I can't wait to get a house, we'll do this stuff there and you won't be able to worry about everything being perfect. I was told the other day by someone in physical therapy that I'm always in a hurry even when I'm working out. Where could I have got that from I have no clue.

Love You, Sarah

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally made it to your blog! What a great way to brush up on your grandkid's names and faces so I don't embarass myself the next time I see all of them. Then again they may be saying "Who's this wierd lady we've never seen who seems to know all the details of our lives?! Anyway it was lot's of fun to see and read about your family, How nice to have all of them so close.

I hope your health is improving. I finally heard about Delores, I saw her emails on the counter when I visited my parents last!!--(My Dad is still the worst relayer of information ever!) We are doing well. Tell everyone hello. I've got to go and do that whole mother thing, too bad Dora the Explorer only lasts 30 minutes. Gotta go.
Love,
Melissa (your niece)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home